Sunday, April 26, 2009

Times Colonist Part 1

Today I ran my first big race of the year, the Times Colonist 10K. It is a good gauge of how I am doing after my winter training. My unofficial time (i.e. my own stopwatch) was 47:10. It was a fairly comfortable run that started out with me getting passed by just about everybody, as usual. The race had almost 13000 entrants so I spent alot of time getting boxed in and trying to politely run through crowds.

I'll post more when I get my official time tomorrow.

2 comments:

Steve said...

Great run Rob! 13,000 entrants is ridiculous. How were you able to battle through those crowds and still get a great time. I am interested to read your full race report!

McLovin said...

Did you have your Forerunner 405 for that race?? How has it been treating you? The software is awesome, and I've been using it and my edge 305 to look at my own training programs. You should think about getting a heart rate monitor with it...it adds an awesome level of fitness information! Let me know if you need one!