Sunday, October 25, 2009

Rainy Day at the Track


I love training in the rain. Today was a track speed workout and it was raining and cold. Perfect. Because while everybody else is at home in bed hoping the sun comes out, I'm outside training. Plus, nobody wants to walk their dog in this weather, which is fine with me. Actually, about halfway through my run some dude with a dog showed up at the track and waddled off a lap and then ran away...
The plan calls for me to start pushing some paces now. Especially on track day because the distances are smaller I need to be pushing the pace while keeping my form and cadence. Todays workout felt great, first four laps in 102, 100, 100 and 95 seconds. Next three laps in 98, 93, 95 seconds. Next two laps 92 seconds each. Final lap in 78 seconds, which is three seconds off my goal.
I seem to be running more comfortably but as fast at the 184 bpm cadence (Civilization 4) as I am at the 208 cadence (Bad). Likely this just means that I am not fit enough to maintain my stride length at 208 bpm. I'll have to keep an eye on this when it comes to choosing my race day playlist.
All in all a fun day. Looking forward (kind of) to a tough workout tomorrow.

No comments: