Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Be Patient


I woke up feeling fresh and ready for the six minute challenge. The mile is a drama in four acts. Todays playlist was "If God Could Send His Angels" for the first 4 minutes and finishing with "What Shall We Die For." The first quarter mile went by very quickly and comfortably as did the second quarter. The third quarter is about hanging in there and unfortunately today I only made it to .62 mile when I had to take a 30 second pause before I finished off the run. After the break I felt more mental resolve, which is encouraging because I can work on the mental part of the run as long as I am physically prepared.

I have to be patient. I remember when I could only walk 3.0 mph for seven minutes. And I was in pain for the last minute! I just kept plugging away and believing that my body was changing and adapting to the challenge. The first time I actually ran for a full twenty minutes (at a challenging 5.0 mph!) was an amazing accomplishment and I know I will run 10 mph for forty minutes some day. I just have to be patient and keep trying.

No comments: